Welcome to KSMO's Open Market.
The Open Market show runs each day Monday through Friday from 1:00 p.m. to approximately 2:30 p.m.
The Open Market works by you submitting items you would like to buy, sell, or trade. There are three ways you can do this:
- Call in during the show at (573) 729-6659 from 1:00 to 2:00. Your call will be answered on the air and you will have the chance to describe what it is you wish to buy, sell or trade.
- Drop a note in the Open Market basket before the show starts each day. The Open Market Basket is located in the lobby of KSMO.
- Send an email to the Open Market before 11:00 AM the day of the show. Items emailed are NOT guaranteed to be aired the day sent, but will run for five days from the day retrieved and printed. Click here to jump to our email submission form on this page.
The rules and limitations are as follows:
- No more than four items may be submitted per call/note/email. You may call or e-mail more than once or leave more than one note. More than four items per call/note/email will not be allowed and your ad may be discarded. A total of 12 items per day can be submitted by all means.
- All items submitted must have an address or a phone number so you can be contacted.
- There is no longer a price limit for any item. You are not required to submit a price with your item, but you may include a price if you wish.
- Only one licensed vehicle can be sold at a time by one person (address, phone number, etc.). The vehicle must have a good title and be in operating condition. The same applies to a boat, four-wheeler, motorcycle, etc.
- Lost pets may be submitted, but only once. Please identify the animal as much as possible including name, gender, age, unique identfying marks, when/where the animal was lost, etc.
All items submitted will be read for five consecutive shows from the day it is recieved.
Any item that does not follow the rules will NOT be read, nor will any item that is not clearly identified. It is at the sole discretion of the KSMO staff whether or not to air an item on the Open Market.